There are numerous species of mosquitos in the Knoxville area. Male mosquitos
feed on nectar while females feed on blood. Their peak time of activity
is dawn and dusk. During the day mosquitos pass the time hanging from
the underside of leaves on shrubs and trees. Asian Tiger Mosquitos, the
species that has the greatest health concern will rest in lower foliage
(from 1’-8’ off the ground.
Our certified technicians carefully treat the shrubs and trees on your
property to eliminate mosquitos from their daytime resting places.
Pest-Ops also inspects your property for breeding sites that mosquitos
can use. Any standing water may potentially allow eggs and larvae to develop.
We review our findings and show you those locations we identify around
your home and lawn to help eliminate the threat.
Our #1 concern while ridding your home of unwanted bugs and pests is the
health and safely of your family and pets.
Common Sense Pest Proofing Tips
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
- Check and repair loose mortar around your home’s foundation.
- If drainage is a problem causing standing water, install gutters or adjust
the landscape so water is not standing near your home or other structure.
- Check basements/storage spaces to ensure they are dry and well ventilated.
- Check for rodent infestation by looking for rodent droppings in closets,
attics, and inside closed spaces.
- Check and seal pest entry areas such as pipes, electrical, and cable structures.
- Check and seal cracks in walls, concrete, and related areas.
- Repair fascia, soffits, and roof shingles that are damaged or loose.
- Check weather stripping on windows and doors to ensure a tight seal.
- Keep tree branches and shrubs well trimmed and away from your home and
- Keep dining and food storage areas, and kitchens well cleaned.
- Contact Pest-Ops to identify pest problems and to survey your home for