Effective Solutions For Fleas & Ticks In Your Yard
When you think of the pests that can invade your lawn and make your outdoor space uncomfortable, fleas and ticks may not be the first things that come to mind. However, these pests can pose serious health risks to you and your pets, and the problem often starts right in your yard.
These pests thrive in grassy areas and can quickly spread throughout your property if left unchecked. Luckily, there are effective flea and tick control solutions from Pest OPS. We can help you keep your lawn free of these pests and keep your whole family safe from the harmful effects of fleas and ticks in Knoxville.
Fleas And Ticks Are A Risk To Humans Too
Fleas and ticks are most commonly associated with posing health risks to our furry friends, but these pests can also pose serious dangers to humans.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that some of the most frequent ways that fleas and ticks transmit diseases to people include:
- Bites from infected fleas or ticks
- Diseases from infected fleas or ticks entering the body through a cut, scratch, or another open wound
- Infection from diseases carried by humans to their pets, who then transfer the infection back to humans through bites or scratches
At Pest OPS, we are committed to keeping your family safe from these threats and helping you maintain a pest-free lawn. Contact us today to learn more about our flea and tick control for your yard, and let's work together to create your safe outdoor space.
Knoxville Lawn, Flea & Tick Control Services
Pest-Ops, LLC Helps You Protect Your Home, Family & Pets from Pests
Fleas and ticks are some of the most common pests found in your yard. Every spring, pet owners prepare themselves to deal with fleas and ticks. These small insects are more than just a nuisance. They can carry diseases and can be dangerous to your pets. Additionally, if your pets carry these insects inside, they can become a problem for you, too. Both fleas and ticks are known to bite humans and can cause a range of serious reactions. Be proactive and protect yourself from an infestation by scheduling a lawn treatment with our Knoxville flea and tick control specialists.
How We Keep Fleas & Ticks Away From Your Property
At Pest OPS, we believe in using a multi-faceted approach to controlling fleas and ticks on your property. Our process includes inspection, treatment, and exclusion to ensure that your yard is free from these pests and stays that way:
- Inspection: Our experienced technicians will thoroughly inspect your property for signs of fleas and ticks. We'll identify problem areas in your yard, as well as potential entry points where these pests may be entering your property.
- Treatment: We'll apply an effective, eco-friendly treatment to your lawn that targets fleas and ticks and eliminates them at the source. Our treatment is safe for people, pets, and the environment.
- Exclusion: In addition to eliminating existing flea or tick populations in your yard, we'll also take steps to prevent future infestations. We'll seal off any gaps or openings in your property where pests may be gaining entry and set up barriers around your yard to keep fleas and ticks out.
Are you interested in getting started with our flea and tick treatment solutions? Contact us today to learn more about our services or to schedule a free inspection at your Knoxville property.
Are Your Pets Plagued by Fleas & Ticks?
Fleas and ticks live in grassy and heavily wooded areas. Though you are more likely to encounter them in the deep woods, they are known to inhabit residential gardens. Because of their size and behaviors, dogs and cats are more likely to pick up fleas or ticks than humans, especially if they spend a lot of time outside. Fleas and ticks can be particularly dangerous to your pets. In addition to flea allergies, just like people, dogs and cats can contract diseases, like Lyme disease, from ticks.
During flea and tick season, you should:
- Inspect your pets regularly for them, especially after hikes, walks, or playdates with other dogs
- Pay attention to excessive scratching, licking, or restlessness in your pets
- Avoid taking your pets through tall grasses
- Routinely wash pet beds, toys, and blankets your pets use
- Regularly bathe pets, especially if they spend a lot of time outside
While keeping your lawn mowed and your yard from becoming overgrown can help reduce the chances of a flea and tick infestation, this does not mean these insects can’t come into your yard. Often other animals bring fleas and ticks onto your property. It is important to remain vigilant against them.
Fleas & Ticks in Your Home
It is not uncommon to find fleas and ticks inside your home. This is especially the case if you have pets or if you spend a lot of time hiking or camping. Both fleas and ticks feed on the blood of mammals. While it is easier for them to live on a pet than a person, this doesn’t mean that they won’t bite you given the opportunity.
The summer months are particularly bad when it comes to ticks. Ticks are known carriers of Lyme Disease and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. They can also carry Southern-Tick Associated Rash Illness (STARI). To avoid these diseases, you should do your best to avoid ticks.
To combat ticks, you should:
- Avoid heavily wooded areas, tall brush, and overgrown areas
- Stay on trails when hiking or camping
- Wear light-colored clothing to make them easier to spot
- Wear tick repellents with DEET on both your clothing and exposed skin
- Check yourself thoroughly for them, especially after having been in areas known to have ticks
Ticks are most common to the Northeastern US and the upper mid-west. However, they are prevalent across the US, and we deal with them every year in Knoxville. When it comes to dealing with fleas and ticks, it is always recommended that you take a proactive approach.
Schedule a Lawn Treatment Today
The Best Flea & Tick Control in Knoxville
One of the best ways you can prevent a flea or tick infestation is to schedule seasonal lawn treatments. These pest control treatments are applied to your lawn and the perimeter of your home, killing pests and preventing them from coming into your home. Our Knoxville flea and tick control experts can inspect your property and provide you with the pest control solutions you need to stop fleas and ticks in their tracks. If you suspect you already have a flea or tick problem, we can help with that too. Pest-Ops, LLC has the skill and experience needed to get the job done.
Don't give fleas and ticks a chance to make themselves comfortable on your Knoxville lawn. At Pest OPS, we can provide the professional flea and tick removal services you need to keep your family safe. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, we know how to effectively treat and eliminate these pests.
We offer Knoxville customers free pest control estimates, and when you bundle your services, you save money. In addition to flea and tick treatments, we can also treat your yard mosquitoes, another pest that is dangerous to pets and people alike. Add a mosquito treatment to your pest control visit for just $40!
We pride ourselves on delivering top-quality customer service and effective treatment plans, and we can help you create a pest-free outdoor space for your family. Contact us today to learn more about tick and flea control for your yard.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"We started using Pest Ops last year and we love them! We had a terrible issue with spiders since we have woods 15 feet outside our back door. After the first treatment we saw an immediate difference. We also used to have a terrible time with centipedes, earwigs, and silverfish inside the house, but we rarely see them anymore even though the only treatment we get is for the outside of the home. Pest Ops is also affordable! Lastly our specialist that comes out is personable and always pays attention to the details. Thank you for all you do!!!."