Controlling Bed Bugs The Pest OPS Way
Although they were once nearly eradicated, bed bugs are making a sudden reappearance around Knoxville homes and businesses. Large infestations can be incredibly damaging to homes and residential environments and doubly so for local businesses.
In today's litigious environment, and with the media covering every outbreak, the burden falls on property owners and business managers to establish a holistic bed bug management program. Pest OPS understands this concern completely, providing professional inspections, treatment, and educational programs that ensure the protection of your building
The Bed Bug Control Methods Of Pest OPS
Pest OPS has served the Knoxville community with a holistic approach to bed bug management since 1995. Thanks to our professional affiliations and board-certified staff entomologist, our experts have developed and refined a comprehensive program that combines inspections with an aggressive service strategy.
Although no program can guarantee the non-exposure of bed bug activity, bed bug services from Pest OPS will protect, treat, and defend your property against the risks resulting from infestations.
Our current bed bug control program includes a proactive inspection service that carefully investigates your building at least twice a year. We'd be happy to perform a targeted inspection if you believe there is already an established infestation. Targeted inspections are extremely thorough and focus on all areas of a room where bed bugs are most likely to be found. Unlike proactive inspections, these are reactive and scheduled on an as-needed basis.
While we cannot prevent bed bugs from being introduced to your property, we can work to stop severe infestations and take proactive measures in advance. To continuously protect your property before the appearance of a bed bug infestation, we provide mattress and box spring protective covers that can prevent bed bug establishment without the use of traditional products.
If we find bed bug activity during our inspection, we will jump into action with two treatment options:
- Bed bug traditional treatments: Our professionals will treat areas including (but not limited to) box springs, upholstered furniture, electrical outlets and switch plates, baseboards, carpet undersides, wall coverings, and wall voids. Every service comes with an initial treatment, three service treatments, and a follow-up treatment around 14-21 days after the third and final service. You will also receive a final inspection 30 days later to guarantee we've resolved your bed bug infestation.
- Bed bug heat treatments: Thermal remediation is the most effective and green way to eliminate bed bugs. Heat treatments raise the temperature in your property to between 117 and 122 degrees Fahrenheit, making it difficult for bed bugs to survive. Our chemical-free bed bug heat treatments are typically completed within one day and come with a 30-day warranty.
You're welcome to learn more about bed bug prevention, traditional treatments, and thermal remediation by calling the team at Pest OPS today.
Knoxville Bed Bug Control
We’re Passionate About Helping Our Community
A popular phrase to say when saying goodnight to someone is “don’t let the bed bugs bite.” However, this rhyming phrase is pretty great advice. Although they were once eradicated, bed bugs have recently made a reappearance and infestations can be incredibly damaging, especially to businesses. This is because of a common myth that bed bugs are attracted to filthy, unhygienic places. Luckily, that myth is not true at all. Instead, bed bugs, like many pests, are attracted to any property where they can obtain an easy meal.
At Pest-Ops, LLC, our Knoxville bed bug control experts have been serving the community since 1995. Due to our numerous professional affiliations and the fact that we have a board-certified entomologist on staff, we’ve been able to develop a comprehensive program that combines inspections and an aggressive service strategy when infestations are discovered.
Our Bed Bug Control Process
We provide twice-yearly inspections that survey your property for bed bugs. We also provide as-needed targeted inspections for additional peace of mind.
We offer heat treatments and traditional treatments that stop bed bugs in their tracks. The method of choice is entirely up to you and the severity of the infestation.
We ensure pests never reinfest your building using mattress covers and other prevention steps. You will also receive a 30-day pest control home warranty with heat treatments.
The Importance Of Commercial Bed Bug Control In Knoxville
In today’s litigious environment, and with the media covering every outbreak, the burden falls on property managers and commercial business owners to have a proactive bed bug management program in place. At Pest-Ops, LLC, we provide professional inspections, treatment, educational programs, and ongoing partnerships with your staff to ensure your facility is prepared to avoid or even handle a severe bed bug outbreak. This helps protect your brand and demonstrates to both local and state agencies that your commercial property is actively working to mitigate the risk associate with bed bugs.
Signs of Bed Bug Infestation
It's important to recognize the signs of a bed bug infestation so you can call a pest control expert like Pest-Ops, LLC as soon as possible. Here are some of the telltale signs of a bed bug problem:
- Waking up itchy
- Dark spots (blood stains) on your sheets and pillowcases
- Musty stench
- Shed skins, egg shells and fecal spots
- Rusty colored spots on bedsheets and mattresses
If you've noticed any or multiple of these signs, immediately strip all of your bedding. Check the areas around your bed including clothes hanging in a closet. Finally, be sure to contact the bed bug removal experts at Pest-Ops, LLC.
Our Bed Bug Program
Although no program can guarantee bed bugs will not be introduced to your property, our Knoxville bed bug services help to protect your property from the serious risk inherent to bed bug infestations.
Our program includes:
- Proactive bed bug inspection service: This ensures that an experienced, well trained set of eyes carefully investigates each room at least twice a year for signs of bed bug activity.
- Preventative treatments: While we cannot prevent bed bugs from being introduced to your property, we can help to prevent severe infestations and take proactive measures to keep bed bugs from crawling to other areas or rooms.
- Targeted bed bug inspections: Targeted inspections are extremely thorough and focus on all areas of a room where bed bugs are most likely to be found. These inspections are reactive and scheduled on an a-needed basis.
- Bed bug treatments: Successful control of bed bugs is dependent on an extremely thorough inspection and/or treatment of areas including but not limited to box spring(s), upholstered furniture, behind electrical outlets and switch plates, behind baseboards, under carpet, behind wall coverings, inside walls, and every other area that could be a potential harborage of bed bugs.
- Bed bug heat treatments: Thermal remediation is the most effective and green way to eliminate bed bugs. Because they tend to hide in hard to reach areas that are not out in the open, heat treatments raise the temperature in your property to between 117- and 122-degrees Fahrenheit. The heat makes it difficult for bed bugs to survive. It’s important to note that this is a chemical-free treatment option.
- Mattress and box spring protective covers: Mattresses and box springs are some of the most likely places to become infested and they can also be difficult to treat effectively. Rather than treating your bedding with pesticides, we recommend using protective covers that help protect you and prevent bed bugs from becoming established in within your mattress and/or box spring.
Get A Quote For Bed Bug Control Today
At Pest OPS, we make sure you can say goodnight to bed bug infestations at any stage of development. From traditional applications and heat treatments to broader prevention services, we are proud to offer Knoxville clients some of the most effective bed bug services around.
If bed bugs have become a problem for your home or company, or if you simply want to be proactive in combating infestations, get in touch with us today. We would be happy to provide a free inspection of your business or residential property.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"We started using Pest Ops last year and we love them! We had a terrible issue with spiders since we have woods 15 feet outside our back door. After the first treatment we saw an immediate difference. We also used to have a terrible time with centipedes, earwigs, and silverfish inside the house, but we rarely see them anymore even though the only treatment we get is for the outside of the home. Pest Ops is also affordable! Lastly our specialist that comes out is personable and always pays attention to the details. Thank you for all you do!!!."