How To Prevent Spiders In Your Knoxville Home
February 20, 2023
Pest control in Knoxville, TN, from Pest OPS can help you remove arachnids that have taken up residence in your home. It can also help prevent others from moving in with you. In Tennessee, residents find many different types of house spiders living in dark areas like beneath boxes, in closets, and in cabinetry. Keep reading to learn more about local spiders and the best ways to prevent them.
Types Of Spiders You May Find In Your Home
Several spiders in Knoxville call Tennessee home, but the following are the species most often found living inside Knoxville homes:
- Common house spiders: These spiders will bite if they feel threatened. Their venom is not dangerous to humans, but their bites can cause some allergic reactions that require medical treatment.
- Jumping spiders: These spiders will bite in self-defense. The venom they produce does not usually require any medical intervention.
- Harvestmen (often called daddy longlegs): These spiders are not likely to bite you. They can even help you by clearing away the dung of other insects and the carcasses of dead insects.
- Cellar spiders: This species of arachnid is not known to bite.
- Black widow spiders: These spiders have potentially dangerous venom, but typically only bite in self-defense. The females will be the primary biters, and you must seek medical treatment after being bitten.
- The brown recluse: The brown recluse can and does bite humans but typically will only do so if they feel threatened. Their venom will cause tissue to die and possibly become necrotic. The necrotic tissue escalates into an ulcer that can be painful and require medical treatment. Often, it takes several weeks for the ulcer to heal.
Why You Don't Want Spiders Hanging Around Your Home
The majority of spiders that you find around your home in Knoxville are harmless. However, two poisonous spiders in Tennessee, the black widow and the brown recluse, are venomous and can cause you to require medical treatment for their bites.
Six Environmentally Friendly Spider Prevention Tips
The best way to get rid of spiders is to ensure they do not find your home attractive. You can also establish a Knoxville home pest control prevention plan with the following steps:
- Address other pest control issues that attract spiders.
- Store firewood 20 feet from your home.
- Place firewood on a raised structure.
- Seal small cracks and crevices.
- Reduce clutter around your home's exterior.
- Have professionals regularly come to inspect and treat for spiders.
The only way to make spiders leave your home and not return is to know what attracts them. If you eliminate what these pests need for survival and how they get inside, they will go elsewhere to live and reproduce.
One common myth that many people believe is that professional pest control is only done with harmful pesticides. Because of this myth, many people spend hundreds of dollars on DIY treatments that are reported "safe to use." Most of the at-home remedies you read about are ineffective, and often they are not safe to use around children or pets. Some professionals offer effective methods of Spider prevention and removal that are safe for you, your family, your pets, and the environment.
The Most Effective Spider Control With Professional Pest Control
Effective spider control in Knoxville can only be achieved using a professional pest control service. If you have spider issues in your Knoxville home and want an environmentally friendly way to solve those issues, Pest OPS is your number one solution. We are a pest control service that guarantees that you will be satisfied, and we utilize organic, proven, and sustainable methods of treatment that do not include pesticides that could be harmful to people or any living creature.
Contact us today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Knoxville, and so we can send a skilled, board-certified technician to do a free inspection and help you find the best treatment and prevention options for your needs.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"I've been with Pest-Ops for so long I lost count how many years. I am a bit of a perfectionist so it's hard to please me with a typical service. I say that to highly complement PestOps and John - all I ever have to do is, open my front door and say "Hi John!" and he takes care of everything thoroughly and completely. He is professional, courteous, and listens attentively if there's ever an issue."
Contact Pest Ops Today!(865) 346-3544
Reach out to us for pest control in Knoxville, TN and the surrounding areas.