Knoxville Termite Prevention
We often receive more calls about termites than any other insect. Subterranean termites are serious pests, whose control is best left to professionals. Termites and termite management services can be confusing, however, and there are more options available today than ever before.
Pest-Ops Offers Guaranteed Termite Prevention
Did you know that termites do more damage every year than fire, earthquakes and storms combined? This adds up to billions of dollars in damage every year to properties just like yours. Pest-Ops can offer you several options for Knoxville termite control; whether you need to treat an existing infestation or you want to protect your business from future attacks. We offer the innovative Advance Termite Bait System, a proven termite baiting system, or Termidor termiticide, a unique termite control product. Both systems utilize a new material with a unique mode of action against termites that is very effective in termite prevention. To homes that qualify, Pest-Ops offers Guaranteed Termite Protection. PleaseÂ Contact Pest-Ops for more details.
Pest-Ops Pest Management Offers Free Knoxville Termite Inspection
A Pest-Ops certified professional will discuss your particular needs and desires in protection of your building from termites and suggest the best method for you. Below is some general information about two of our more popular termite prevention and elimination systems. To get more details please contact us for your free inspection and consultation.
Termidor is proven to be effective against subterranean termites, including Formosans, in even the most challenging situations, climates and environments. Termidor is a liquid applied at very low rates. Typically, the active ingredient (fipronil) is just 0.06% of the solution. For an average home treatment, only about 8 ounces of the active ingredient is actually used. Since 1995, fipronil has been used around the world for flea and tick control on household pets and on agricultural crops to protect food supplies.
- Over 2 million homes have been treated with Termidor since 2000.
- Kills termites by ingestion, contact, and the “Transfer Effect,” meaning affected insects help spread Termidor throughout the colony before dying themselves.
- Manages colonies up to 6 times faster than bait systems.
- An effective termiticide â€” proven by over 10 years of test data
- Responsible, low-dose treatment, with no odor.
- Only trained, Termidor Certified Professionals can apply the product.
The Advance Termite Bait System has been called the next generation of bait systems by industry professionals. The Advance Termite Bait System with its patented dual-stage, two food source design provides the advantages of a bait system in a faster, more aesthetically pleasing design that effectively provides these critical performance benefits.
- Stations are only installed on the outside of the home â€” no landscape disruption or invasive drilling to your homeâ€™s foundation as required by some products.
- Low impact for the environment, family and pets, as the bait is locked in a secure station with no access by unwanted guests.
- The system eliminates the entire colony or colonies attacking your home compared to liquid chemical treatments which only address parts of the colony.
- A unique second food source (Puri-Cellâ„¢) preferred in studies by termites over the wood used in most homes and alternative bait systems.
- A very large containerized bait load, which allows for maximum bait to be fed to the colony in a shorter time to eliminate termite colonies faster, giving you peace of mind.
- At Pest-Ops we can handle your termite control needs at the source while protecting your property and your investment!
How to Look for Signs of Termite Infestation
You’re more likely to discover you have a termite problem by discovering the damage they leave behind rather than the actual termites themselves. If you encounter any of these telltale signs, there’s a good chance termites are busy snacking on your home:
- Piles of small, delicate wings shed by reproducing termites
- Weak or spongy feeling floors
- Mud tubes built by termites for above ground travel
- Damaged or hollow sounding wood
- Pinholes in drywall or wallpaper
How to Look for Signs of Moisture Problems that Attract Termites
- Rainwater that drains or stays by the foundation
- Hardwood floors that are bucked
- Mold on the walls
- No foundation vents on the outside of crawlspace structures
Above are some external indications of moisture problems that indicate you need a professional to inspect and take moisture readings.